Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

We spent Thanksgiving in Fairbanks with family and friends. We arrived on Wednesday afternoon just in time for a pre-Thanksgiving meal at church, then ate a late dinner at College Town Pizzeria (Jacob's favorite local eatery). Thursday was spent eating lots of good food, playing Mexican Train, talking politics, and watching Christmas classics. It was also on Thursday that I fell in love with a little boy named Seth...I'm sure I'll never be the same.

After a bit of combat shopping on Friday we headed home to put up the Christmas decorations and bake some Christmas sweet treats. We made Aunt Kathie's FANTASTIC Gingerbread cookies. Thanks Aunt K!

On Sunday we flew back to Anchorage where we were greeted by "warm" weather and a foot of fresh snow.

1 comment:

Brandon and April said...

I think NC will be lucky to get that much snow in an entire decade....which I completely loathe.
are there ski resorts in alaska? (that's probably a dumb question) surely there's got to be an unreached Chinese people group that God needs us to live amongst for the next few years...