to stay at home
sit beside your vegetables
look how well the gardens grown
sure feels good to be back home
--Cotton Jones
Got our tomatoes in the ground last week. A little late, but before Memorial Day which, I've been told, is the absolute latest that tomatoes can be planted to ensure survival. Any later and it's certain death for them. So said Grandpa. Also, we bought ourselves a proper hose with a spray nozzle this weekend -- the vintage watering can wasn't cutting it anymore. Our tobacco loves us once again.
UPDATE: I was so wrong. Spoke to Grandma today and it's not Memorial Day -- it's Good Friday!!! Gahhhhh! Our little guys are gonna have to be strong.
2 comments:
Ahh, look at you gardners go. Great pics! :)
This is about the most endearing post ever. Of course I love the gardening info, but I love you even MORE!! (I went home and put a scarf on my head the way you had it tied because it is so adorable.)
Post a Comment