Took a trip to the state farmers market this week and man, oh man the veg was unbelievable! So many options!
Got some yard saling, a birthday party and possibly some live music to see this weekend. Most of all, I'm looking forward to relaxin' with Burke boy because he is officially donzo for the year. Let summer begin!
4 comments:
OK...did you forget to tell me that you moved to the "promised land" or heaven? Amazing. I simply forget that there are places that have this sort of homegrown produce available when this is the time of year for us that the snow has barely melted!!! :)I do have one question...why are your arms not loaded down with the gorgeous bounty???
I was also amazed! By the time we left we were stuffed with samples of strawberries and tomatoes! The picture was taken at the beginning of our trip, so have no fear, we left with plenty:)
P.S. I do, however, miss all of the breads and jams that your market has. We're missing that. And that woman who sells the shortbread tart things!
People have been talking about our Farmer's Market opening even though I haven't been yet. Yeah, the shortbread "thing" is so yummy. This weekend I will be going to Risse's for the "planter event." I will take 6 of my baskets and planters, buy the plants, then they plant them for you with their good soil! It will be exciting, but very busy I am sure. Hope it's a beautiful, sunny day! I will also buy seed potatoes to plant and some other vegetable plants. :)
Post a Comment