Thursday, August 16, 2012

1095 days + 5 and back to school

Three years and 5 days ago we arrived in North Carolina.  We had no idea what we were getting into.  There are still things, specifically Sharon Van Etten and the fragrance I wore that first fall that are difficult for me.  Just reminds me of an uncomfortable time.  A time before I understood that the change we were undergoing was necessary and good.  It's a shame, because I really like Sharon Van Etten.

And then today, Jacob went back to school for his last and final semester and probably for the last time either of us will have a first day of school.  I almost missed it, but remembered just in time to snap a few photos of him on his way out the door...with his favorite pen.  Gotta document it all, right?  Just wait until we have kids.

It's the home stretch, y'all and I can hardly believe it.  I've said it before, and I'll certainly say it again, from every corner of myself, I am thankful for this time that we've been given and for the life that we're living together.  And, while I'm at it, I'm thankful for North Carolina...I'm even thankful for Architecture. 

No comments: