On a recent trip to the hardware store, I stumbled upon some 4"x4" carpet samples and immediately a DIY plan was hatched. I've long been looking for an affordable rug to cover our bedroom floor and these little guys paired with some Burke magic seemed the perfect solution...
168 4"x4" carpet samples
6 of our local chain hardware stores (wink)
$2.97 for the duct tape and some elbow grease!
5 hours (including drive time)
How to:
Sketch a few ideas to know the general size and color palette, gather supplies, cut down larger squares (if needed), pour a glass of wine and get to taping!
P.S. It should be noted here that this idea was largely inspired by the older and wiser Burkes who famously carpeted their first newlywed home with carpet samples many moons ago! So smart, those two.
1 comment:
Great job, Liz! I wish I was that creative. I'm afraid I may be the worst DIY person in the world.
Post a Comment