Each time I watch this video I think of my mother. She, like
apparently Kristen Bell, is a sloth lover. So much so that she's
requested that the nursery for our first born child be sloth themed.
She also loves Talladega Nights.
Love you, Mama!
2 comments:
Jeanine
said...
All I can say is that I totally understand, Kristen. I suppose my reaction MIGHT be a little less dramatic, but I totally get both the sloth facination AND the emotion scale she speaks of. If Ellen had brought out even one of the tiny baby sloths that we saw while we were in Costa Rica, she would have been on the floor!!! The baby sloths we saw and their deliberate, SLOW movements...and their little faces...oh my goodness...grown men were close to crying and could not keep from taking videos of them. They even reached out with their precious little hook claws toward your camera. Kristen is completely justfied in feeling that way. :) I will have to say though that when we were previewing the excursions we would take before we left on the cruise, the Berghs and Ports, along with Dad were not QUITE as thrilled about going to the Sloth Sanctuary as I was. They did not tell me at the time that there were all snickering quietly to themselves as I mentioned that I wanted to choose that exursion for the day. The Lord was with me and they gave in...AND it turned out to be one of everyone's favorite exursions!! It helped that we also went on an lazy canoe ride through a paradise-like landscape. I think Dad and I were the only ones to get our picture taken with Millie, the sloth and her owner. :) All I heard from the others was something like insects being in her fur. Dad really does love me..I'm sure he felt the same way but he stood beside me anyway! :)
Oh, and probably it says something about me that I somehow find sloths facinating and one of the forgotten creatures of the world, yet I still find Will Ferrell's antics hilarious and can laugh at him even if I'm not actively watching...I love you, LIZ!!
2 comments:
All I can say is that I totally understand, Kristen. I suppose my reaction MIGHT be a little less dramatic, but I totally get both the sloth facination AND the emotion scale she speaks of. If Ellen had brought out even one of the tiny baby sloths that we saw while we were in Costa Rica, she would have been on the floor!!! The baby sloths we saw and their deliberate, SLOW movements...and their little faces...oh my goodness...grown men were close to crying and could not keep from taking videos of them. They even reached out with their precious little hook claws toward your camera. Kristen is completely justfied in feeling that way. :) I will have to say though that when we were previewing the excursions we would take before we left on the cruise, the Berghs and Ports, along with Dad were not QUITE as thrilled about going to the Sloth Sanctuary as I was. They did not tell me at the time that there were all snickering quietly to themselves as I mentioned that I wanted to choose that exursion for the day. The Lord was with me and they gave in...AND it turned out to be one of everyone's favorite exursions!! It helped that we also went on an lazy canoe ride through a paradise-like landscape. I think Dad and I were the only ones to get our picture taken with Millie, the sloth and her owner. :) All I heard from the others was something like insects being in her fur. Dad really does love me..I'm sure he felt the same way but he stood beside me anyway! :)
Oh, and probably it says something about me that I somehow find sloths facinating and one of the forgotten creatures of the world, yet I still find Will Ferrell's antics hilarious and can laugh at him even if I'm not actively watching...I love you, LIZ!!
Post a Comment